Why Choose Nerak Consulting?
When a company has an effective health, safety and wellbeing management system in place, it’s something you can sense as soon as you walk onto their premises. An air of calm efficiency transmits a feeling of reassurance to employees, suppliers and customers.
The tangible benefits go way beyond a company’s enhanced professional image and compliance with workplace law. There are real practical benefits which improve the efficiency and productivity of your workforce, not forgetting lower insurance premiums and the massively reduced risk of expensive legal claims against your company.
With so much at stake, the potential risks associated with creating your own health and safety policy are just too high. The complexities of legal and social obligations nowadays make it essential to bring in expert health, safety and wellbeing consultants such as Nerak Consulting.
As leading consultants in this space, we believe that the secret to doing it well – to making health, safety and wellbeing good for your business - is knowing where your company’s own roles need to be supplemented by the resources of external specialists to form a complete, compliant set of activities.
To give just one example, if checks on compliance, or more effective management of risk can reduce employee absenteeism by one day per employee per year, that is a huge boost to productivity and profitability.
Nerak Consulting offers consulting and advisory services to all industries across New Zealand, including construction, civil, manufacturing, engineering, retail, hospitality, health, agricultural, transportation and many others. In addition to this, we will work with any business from a one-man-band to a large corporate.
We tailor our consultancy services to our customer’s demands, looking at strategic and operational needs, current and emerging risks, and showing you how to manage those risks intelligently.
We employ qualified consultants who can work with you to implement or review your systems. We don't just give you the tools and resources, we support you throughout the entire process, offering advice and expertise to ensure your system is simple, efficient and compliant.
Our consultants work in a variety of different locations meaning we can provide you with a fast, efficient, cost-effective solution to your health and safety requirements, no matter where you are based in the country. Our simple to use tools and software provide a step-by-step solution to what can be perceived as a daunting task when implementing an effective health, safety and wellbeing solution.
Contact us today for a free no obligation chat.
Karen Wells - Director (NEBOSH, MBA, PGDipMgt)
Karen has over 20 years’ experience driving health, safety and wellbeing systems and initiatives at a senior level, achieving results others believed would be too strategically challenging. Karen is analytically minded, with the ability to investigate complex issues and establish facts. She is fully conversant in New Zealand legislation and ISO standards, and an approved safety auditor with the New Zealand Safety Council.
Qualifications and Affiliations
- Impac, 2010, NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health.
- University of Waikato, 2004, Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- University of Waikato, 2003, Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDipMgt).
- NZ Safety Council Accredited Safety Auditor.
- Chartered Managers Institute (UK) Member.
- IOSH Member at Technical Level.
- NZ Institute of Safety Management Member.
- NZ Safety Council Member.
- ICAM trained.
Areas of Expertise
- Designing and implementing audit tools against legislative and best practice requirements.
- Undertaking effective workplace inspections against internationally recognized standards including ISO 4801, 45001, 9001 and 14000 and recommending cost effective remedial actions.
- Demonstrating detailed knowledge and understanding of applicable legislation with the ability to implement policies, processes and training programs to address health, safety and wellbeing needs.
- Designing and implementing wellbeing initiatives and strategies.
- Supporting management teams with regards to the implications of current and emerging health, safety and environmental legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating action plans to ensure compliance.
- Working with and influencing principle and sub-contractor organisations in health, safety, wellbeing and quality performance and requirements.
- Adopting and implementing change management processes with a value-added approach.
- Reducing LTI and MTI frequency rates.
- Developing, writing and implementing management systems for health, safety, wellbeing and quality requirements.
- Understanding corporate cultures and implementing new safety systems and programs to increase risk awareness.
- Working within cultural constraints to achieve mutually beneficial results.
- Motivating and mentoring others to peak performance levels and influencing behavioural attitudes to improve performance.
- Technical writing including succinct, timely and accurate reports which are easily interpreted.
- Training, development and assessment of health, safety, wellbeing and quality focused resources.
- Driving results with a targeted focus.
- Simulating emergency scenario’s based on real time events.
- Managing budgets and reporting at all required levels.